Re: TM-V71 and WX TX

Rick NK7I

Which all means a computer of some kind to take in USB data from the console and push it to the correct places.

One side feature of the wx software I use and push to the IRLP node (acting as a web page server) is that the raw data file it part of what is sent.  Using a Python script, I convert that data to spoken, store that and can transmit the spoken via the node, on command.

One more small note, turn OFF the pushing of data from the Davis console to the Davis server; it's next to useless and it's one less item on your network (have to use the web interface once it's connected to a computer).

ALL:  Please remember to add your name AND call as a signature; it's proper netiquette here.  Thank you!

73 es Merry Christmas,
Rick nk7i

On 12/21/2022 11:30 AM, T W via groups.io wrote:

I’m running a D710 connected to a windows pc. On the pc I run cumulus for my Davis Vantage Pro II. I am also running APRSIS32 which gets the weather data from Cumulus.

On 21 Dec 2022, at 12:36, Joshua KJ7LVZ <joshuajayg@...> wrote:

I don't see the need to put the radio in Echolink Sysop mode.  I have run several different external TNCs on my TM-V71A and only the data band keys while leaving the other side of the radio to do voice communication.  That's the handy thing about these radios, they can run packet and voice at (mostly) the same time.

I've setup a Raspberry Pi Zero as a fill-in digipeater with a handheld using the soundcard/Direwolf method.  It works great.  I used a cheap Sabrent sound card and one of the Pi GPIO pins for the PTT since Direwolf allows keying via GPIO.  There's no reason you can't build a similar setup with the Kenwood by making your own DIN cable to plug into the back of the radio.  Then if you can figure out how to get your weather data into a text file Direwolf will understand, you're set.  $10 Pi computer, $10 cable.

Joshua

Join main@Kenwood-radios.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.