Re: CTCSS

Rick NK7I

On Kenwood radios, on the display; T is encode; CT is encode and decode (often limited to the same tone frequency, not split tones).

You must be on one of those two modes (on some radios) to set the tone frequency.  Once you are in one of those two modes, Function | Tone will bring you to the point where you can select the tone.

73,
Rick nk7i

On 11/4/2022 4:39 PM, Greg D wrote:

It probably depends on which particular model, but the Kenwood radios seem to treat CTCSS as tone decode, and Encode as, well, the tone encoding, and they're separate settings.  Configuring the CTCSS (decode) tone won't cause your transmit tone to change.

Greg  KO6TH

wa6ivd2@... wrote:
Hi! I'm having trouble adding a CTCSS of 131.? to 449.700 in the VFO. I have the manual but can't get the radio to accept a CTCSS tone. If someone can help it would be appreciated

73 wa6ivd   wa6ivd2@... or 626 282 1461  or  626 614 7234  Cell   Alhambra CA

Join main@Kenwood-radios.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.